Friday 3 February 2012

Hollz Feeling Emotional

Hello all you good people out there!

I am here today to confess to you that I am a TV junkaholic.
I love nothing more than watching what I know is complete televisual trash. I can't get enough of it. The story lines are unbelievable, the characters aren't real and yet I love love LOVE to watch it.

Take Gossip Girl.

Of course it is not at all realistic that some anonymous twitter-type person takes photos of everyone and posts them to to spoil their lives - I know that, obviously.
I know that in real life a group of about 10 people don't all hate then date then hate then (sometimes) kill everyone else.
I know your boyfriend doesn't turn out to be your half brother who is actually in love with your best friend, but you still love him, but nobody can know that because you're only actually "fake dating" him.
I also know I will never look like Blake Lively or have the pleasure of meeting Ed Westwick because believe me girls, if I did, I would not do a Blair and refuse to marry him.
I'd be in there like swimwear, I kid you not.
I also know nobody lives like that, walking about in ridiculous wedding hats to get a coffee in NYC.
If they did, they'd be ridiculed in the streets by everyone, not chased by the hottest boys on the planet.

Regardless of the cheese, and the moments which are intense where all we can hear is "Gossip Girl Here" ruining the moment, I wait anxiously to watch the next episode online. (If I waited for it to be played in Scotland I'd be waiting until the afterlife).

What is worse than just watching GG and I will admit, is that I cry at almost every episode. I don't just mean feel emotional, I mean properly getting the tissues out, bawling my eyes out, reaching for the mammoth box of Celebrations crying.
Every episode, without fail. What is wrong with me? Please calm me down and let me know that I am not alone?! What gets me the most is Blair and Chuck. An eternal love always hindered because they are both victims of circumstance. (AKA victims of GG wanting more money so they are lengthening out the plot).
I KNOW THAT - but it is besides the point. And I also know, as my good friend Daniel always tells me, that of course these characters are not real. But still, it doesn't make the stories less touching and hard hitting.

Jenny, my best friend, laughs at me for getting tears in my eyes whenever Love The Way You Lie comes on, but all I can think of is when Blair and Chuck made a truce to that song in the background.
I also love Eminem with an unhealthy passion. As i'm sure you can all guess, I cried at this episode, and watched it again, and cried, then again and cried. The fact I knew what was coming still didn't prepare me. The scene wasn't even meant to be sad. I know, I clearly have problems.

It is not even that I have just had some horrible life experience and am over-emotional. The Blair/Chuck relationship just really gets to me. Every time they see each other I get chills. It's a problem.

It is not just Gossip Girl, but also Pretty Little Liars. I cry when Aria and Ezira can't be together - I almost cry thinking about the fact they can't be together.
I cry internally thinking about why I can't be with Ezira (Ian Harding - girls get on google images).
I cry thinking that their lives are in such turmoil because their best friend was murdered so I then cry thinking about what I would do if that happened to me.
It's all just so emotional. AND educational. Whoever says MTV and the likes don't educate are wrong - we should be watching this in school. What would you do if you were being bullied by your best friend's killer by text? PRECISELY. You'd only know if you're watching PLL....

You'll be glad to know - I hope - that whilst I do watch Geordie Shore and ANTM and the likes, I don't cry. Well, I have shed a tear or 500 at Made in Chelsea, purely because Spencer and Caggie NEEDED to be together. Then they ruined it by casually announcing they had had sex. That killed it for me and I was more angry than upset at the shocking non-existent build up. I'll still continue to watch and cry though.

Therefore, I admit to you all, I cry at cheese. Well obviously not at the sight of cheddar but you get my point. I don't cry at charity adverts on the TV or adverts about drink driving. I cry at Adele and at Gossip Girl and at the biggest load of rubbish known to grace the Earth.

Something I am sure of though is that if you haven't seen GG or PLL then you're off to have a little search right now. If you're not, I personally don't see why but fair enough, you must be off to search Ian Harding though, right? If you're not, there is something seriously wrong with you.

HASTA LA VISTA EVERYONE!

XOXO HOLLY. (see what I did there?)

3 comments:

  1. You're not the only one, I cry every time at Season 3 Episode 9 of Parks and Recreation - two characters that I love dearly (they are like my Chuck and Blair) get married and it's so adorable and dorky and then Simon and Garfunkel start playing and I start crying.

    Disclaimer: I have also cried at Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Sherlock and once (only once) at Downton Abbey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone then! Thanks so much for reading my blog as well! I really should check out Parks and Recreation - I'll probably be bawling like a baby!

      Delete
  2. So true. Finding Nemo..I cried at that too mind you. XOXOX - I got it!

    ReplyDelete